Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

left hand - cramping and locking post 4 level cervical fusion

I had radio frequency a couple of times, after enduring left sided headaches, post 4 level cervical fusion.
Four years since the actual surgery, and I think the RF is wearing off. I do not want to do it again. The healing is too long and painful.
Now my left hand, is really weird. It starts getting tremors, then it cramps, and all the fingers lock up, and my thumb, tucks under the palm and is stuck. I have to bang it with my other fist, in order to get the cramping gone.
I am left with pain and tingling.
This just started 2 days ago, and I had been using 2lb weights, for my arm exercises. I have been doing them for awhile now, and riding my bike or swimming. Now, I can not do any of it.
Anyone else start losing control of their hand/fingers or have these types of contorting spasms?
It cannot be carpal tunnel, because I can "feel", it from the left side of my neck, all the way to the left hand.
One continuous tendor or nerve, I believe.

Who do I go back to? Primary care, pain management (RF) or the neurosurgeon? (I will have to wait months to get in to see him)
This is beyond scaring me.
"For we walk by faith, not by sight"~ Corinthians

• or your pm doctor who did the RF. Those symptoms need to be evaluated sooner rather than later. If you can't get into see your previous neuro ( you may want to call and explain the new symptoms and see if they can push you into an earlier appointment) if not, consider making an appointment with another surgeon .
  • I appreciate such a quick response!
    I am going to make an appointment to see my primary care doctor, to see what he thinks about what I should do.
    I know I can get in right away, and if he calls anyones office on my behalf, I may, get in quicker.
    The pain management doctor, is more evasive about anything related to radio frequency. They give little information, and act like there is no adverse side effect. While it did work for a little over a year, it is pretty terrible to endure, having 4 levels of nerves, burned in your neck.
    Thanks for caring and taking the time, for me.
  • I had to wait over 3 months to get into the neurosurgeon just to get an EMG study!
    My follow up appointment was scheduled quicker once I called and complained to Senator Blumenthals office in Connecticut! People think politicians do nothing?
    Not in Connecticut,. When it comes to healthcare, they want to know and they want to fix it.