Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cutemaryamccutemaryam Posts: 2
edited 08/27/2014 - 1:08 AM in Depression and Coping
Depression is a serious mental illness that required long term treatment and support and can happen to anyone. Many people suffer from this problem, depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity. “Robin Williams” one of those Hollywood celebrities who become a victim of depression. A huge number deceases come into existence through consistence of depression.

• EnglishGirlEEnglishGirl Posts: 1,825
    edited 08/27/2014 - 5:22 PM
    I lost my beloved brother to suicide. He fought debilitating chronic pain for a very long time. It was the end of his marriage that pushed him to the final solution. I never for 1 moment saw it coming! Everything I know about the daily, exhausting struggles of this AND I never saw it coming! We are so much better at hiding what this sometimes does to us than we think we are! We don't always get the help we think we so deserve because we are too good at hiding this! We think people don't care as much as they do because they don't support us the way we think we should be supported....Why dont we just ask our loved ones & talk about it? Or is it just me who often suffers in silence & then gets irritated by the lack of help & support I get when I'm depressed??

Depression can hide itself even from ourselves & it can be so deadly. My family has been devastated by the carnage of depression. Ron calls it 'The Beast'. Give it a name & fight it!

Science has shown that living with chronic pain causes physical changes in our brains. I remember that. It gives me strength to blame biology & not myself. "I'm depressed because of my brain". Somehow I can fight that easier than my unwanted thoughts & lethargy. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.