Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lower Back Pain + Upper Back Pain

On July the 10th I pulled my lower back muscle doing the squat machine for the first time. After that day, I developed pain all across my lower back. It took me 3-4 weeks to get the pain away. Now, I'm experiencing electrical shocks around the lower back, sometimes on my upper body and on my legs (rarely). I developed upper back pain too. I'm not sure if it's connected or it has to do with my work where I stand long at customer service for almost 7-8 hours every shift. I been to my doctor and a chiropractor and they stated it was mechanical lower back pain. I did a x-ray on my lower back and they haven't found any split discs. Currently, every morning that I wake up I experience lower back pain (feel the pain where it used to hurt) and throughout the day from the moment I start walking it goes away.
What I am wondering is that - is my lower back and upper back connected or is my upper back related to my work?
As well, why is the lower back pain occurring in the morning?
I been to the gym a little bit but nothing serious. Now I'm off the gym and waiting to see my sport medicine doctor to rule out further diagnostic and tests. What is happening to me? I'm becoming stress, anxious, and paranoid about my back. I hate having this pain. What should I do?

• A muscle pull /strain can take some weeks to heal completely and it can cause other muscles to also tighten and strain to try to compensate for the injured area.
    Xrays are done to check alignment and for ruling out fracture. If the pain continues, and you continue to experience increasing symptoms, you will need to see your doctor again to make sure that there is nothing else going on.