Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

82 days after spinal fusion surgery, getting worse

Dear all:

My mom had the fusion 82 days ago, half of the numbness on her right leg and foot has gone and as we thought she was getting better, she developed a new kind of "feeling", not exactly pain, but the feeling of heaviness on her body especially lower back and legs. She says it feels as if she is carrying a huge stone on her waist that make she feels hard to walk and her lower back and legs feels extremely weak. And she feels like she has some fist sized object inside her back. We had her x rayed and it showed everything was ok. The doctor does not take her seriously and simply ask us to go back and rest.

I just wonder if anyone has symptoms like this and how do you deal with it?

My biggest concern is actually whether my mom's surgery is successful or not and whether she will get better or not.
She is now staying on bed 24/7 being worried and painful as she couldn't sit nor walk. She constantly has the thought of dying. I am so worried and helpless...

I am desperately looking forward to replies here.