Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have browsed these forums trying to find information and finally decided to join. I am seeing an orthopedic doctor and am waiting for an appt with a rheumatologist. i have been in joint pain forever, but for the last year it has become progressively worse. about 4 months ago when the pain was at its worst, i broke out in blisters on my soles and palms. this had happened before to a lesser degree and been diagnosed as a form of eczema. my doctor did blood work, negative for ra factor and ana, but with a sed rate of 75. on a retest last mnth the sed rate is down to 39. my neck mri was a mess, and a nerve conduction study showed chronic nerve damage in my right arm, but most of my symptoms are on the left side. today my ortho ordered a cat scan with contrast of my chest to rule out tumors due swelling over my left collar bone. i have been out o f work since june and am getting very frustrated and depressed. the pain is not as bad as when i left work, but i am terrified bringing it back. and as an added bonus, the pain has moved into my sciatic nerve and down into my calf and ankle on the right side. i wonder if anyone has any ideas about what is happening. i am a 54 year old female, about 30? lbs. overweight (was 15 until the prednisone). If anyone has the patience to get through this, thanks so much. it is difficult to talk to family and friends, they are supportive but just don't know.