Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

11 Days Post ALIF

I am 11 days post-op, Surgery went very smoothly and was done rather quickly as they had no complications under an hr they were also able to use my c-section scar so I don't have another roadmap on my belly,. Spent 2 nights in the hospital, came home with a walker which I only used for 2days max. I am getting around pretty well. Pain has been pretty much under control, I was counting down and watching the clock every 4hrs on when I could take my pain meds and muscle relaxers. I have now gone down in my meds to only twice a day. I had my post-op appt with surg. I got fitted for my back brace and also was given a bone growth stimulator that fits as a brace that I wear for 30min/daily. Overall I do feel alot better.

My only complaint as of right now is the nerve pain in my right leg, it almost feels like before surg. Im not sure if its actually nerve pain or something else. I know that it is only localized in the right leg. If I stand straight and my right leg is straight I feel little to no pain in my leg,but if I slightly bend that leg the pain is almost unbearable. Since I can't p/u my 15 month old I usually change her and while sitting on the floor I cant put any pressure on my right side......Can all this pain on my side be from the nerve damage I had from my previous 2 surgeries (Lamnectomy '04 & '07)? I go back to the doctor again on Wednesday. But thought Id ask for any suggestion on here.
Laminectomy L5S1 2004 & 2007
Anterior Lumbar Spinal Fusion L5S1 8/26/14

• If you search through or read through the various threads, you would see that a flare up of nerve pain post op is common. Nerves don't instantly recover once the compression is relieved, they take some time to recover. It can be days , or weeks and in some cases months, depending on the extent of the damage . That does not mean that it will be this bad for a long time, as the nerve recovers, the sensations will change and improve.