Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical ADR + Fusion: Should I Do It?

Hello all!

I am hoping that your experience will help me make a decision. I have had symptoms for many years and am finally doing something about it now that it is very difficult to keep up with life. After my MRI, the first doctor said I need a 3 level cervical fusion. (After research, I am very against fusion.)

The second doctor I consulted said that he could only do a 1 level ADR (he uses PCM disc) so he would need to fuse the other levels. An option would be to sit tight for a few more years (waiting on FDA approvals) and get injections in the meantime. The third doctor seems to be the only doctor in town that works with the Mobi-c device.

Dr. #3 claims I only really need 2 discs (c5/6, c6/7) replaced because the third isn't too bad. After a CT scan, he is concerned about the bone spur on the back of c5. So, he can try to do a 2-level ADR but may have to do only one level (c6/7) and fuse c5/6 depending on how much bone he must remove to clean out the spur.

I never considered that I would not be a candidate for ADR or that my situation could be so severe that it couldn't be done. Has anyone else had this type of scenario? Any thoughts? Should I do it?

Thanks so much!!


Sign In or Register to comment.