Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Updated / New Intro

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi my name is Julie and I am a pain sufferer..... (that was a small joke) and you are suppose to be laughing a little.

Seriously I am currently waiting for my creepy insurance company to call me any minute (they work in weeks though) and give me the approval for my L4-S1 PLIF that was scheduled for this last Monday 6/23......

I recently found out that I have a pretty serious case of Retrolisthesis on L5/S1- it looks as if it could litterally fall of in my flexion/extension xray. On top of that I have spondylolisthesis on L4/L5 (not as bad as the retro).

I have a few bulging and or herniated disc L3, L4, & L5. I also have what appears to be a compression fracture on L1. My NS didn't think we needed to worry about that since it is not causing me any discomfort.

I have been dealing with LBP about 10 years or so. The last 2.5 being fairly consistant. I hurt my self in January 2007 using/abusing an abdominal weight machine. I didn't hurt until the next day and it was bad. I had intense sciatica for 3-4 months and I was medicated with Skelaxin and Relefen. I was also getting MT and Chiro adjustments. I started feeling somewhat better and continued on my merry way. With hard flare ups every week or so. Then in November of 2007 I decided to set up the x-mas tree and moved/pushed my sofa out of the way and then I was messed up bad again.

After a few weeks of denial I saw my PC and asked for pain meds and an MRI. By that time I was getting intermitten numbness and tingling, sharp shooting pain and constant aches down both legs, hips, knees, feet. toes etc.

The MRI showed the herniations and I was sent to another doctor for what I thought was a microdiscectomy- he did the selective nerve root injection under anestesia on 3 occasions. After that he was sure I was fine and sent me to PT.... The injections worked a little but didn't kill all of my pain. PT was not great. I was hurting terribly after each session. I went back to my PCP and asked for an antidepressant and a referral to someone else.

She sent my mri report to my current NS. I dropped of my films and waited for weeks for a call. Finally after like 7 weeks I got an appt. He looked at my films and said the discs aren't that bad. He sent me for a new MRI and the flexion/extension xrays and now I am waiting for surgery....

The NS is great. I like him alot. I hope my surgery happens pretty soon though. :jawdrop: I am taking 3-4 vicaden a day now. My pain is usually about 7 with out the meds and spike a few times a day. With the meds I am around 4-5.

I have a good husband and a great daughter. She is very helpful and supportive. Hubby has been a pain lately.

I am ready to get my life back and get on with things.

This discussion has been closed.