Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie... looking for advice

mrs.rjkmmrs.rjk Posts: 1
edited 09/12/2014 - 5:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all,
I am new to the Forum, and am looking for advice/feedback .
I have ongoing neck issues due to a MVA 15 years ago.
I just had an MRI Monday, and here are the results:
C3-C4 : Mild annular bulging with end plate ridging. Mild facet arthropathy. Mild left and no significant right foraminal narrowing. Spinal canal is patent.
C4-C5 : Disc osteophyte complex with mild to moderate spinal canal narrowing and slight indentation on the cervical cord. Moderate to severe bilateral bony foraminal narrowing worse on the left.
C5-C6 : Left eccentric disc osteophyte complex with moderate spinal canal narrowing and indentation on the ventral cervical cord. Severe left and mild to moderate right bony foraminal narrowing .
C6-C7 : Prominent central disc protrusion with mild to moderate spinal canal narrowing and slight indentation on the cervical cord. mild to moderate left and no significant right foraminal narrowing.
C7-T1 : Tiny central disc protrusion . Spinal canal and foramina are patent.

I have now been referred to a spine surgeon again, as I was 2 years ago after the last MRI, (which was not a bad as this one.) I chose not to do the surgery at that time , which my Doctor was in support of, due to my being 46 at the time.
I really am concerned about how involved I believe this surgery will be, and am wondering if others here have had a similar experience.
My symptoms are : neck pain, painful, rigid and knotted muscles in neck and upper back, extreme frequent headaches,
left shoulder and arm pain, some left arm involvement, with pain, and some numbness/tingling in thumb and index fingers, spells of weakness/ shakiness in arms, and strange jelly feeling legs at times, almost like they will give out on me.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I am quite nervous about these new MRI results, and the thought of surgery.

No one is qualified to give you any advise on your MRI report. That information needs to come from your ordering physician. 5.13 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),
5.14 You agree not to respond to any request for analysis of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.)