Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Annoying Pain

Hi there. I've been browsing Spine-Health and other medical sites for quite a long time, and allow me to tell you what's been going on.

I'm 19, and I'm a very active person. I started to have really bad back pain nearly 3 months ago. I like to run and dance a lot, and I worked at the time. I might have overworked my back because ended up dancing for about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs one day, then worked the next day (I stock at a retail store). Afterwards I went on a road trip and was sitting nearly the entire day, then went back home the day after. I felt fine throughout the day and I departed with my family in the evening. Halfway through the trip (since it's a 3 hr drive), I had to reach for something and before you know it, my back started to hurt.

The day after that, I had immense pain and could barely get out of bed. I even was rushed to the hospital 2 weeks later from horrible muscle spasms.

It was really hard because my primary physician thought it was a urinary infection even though the results were negative, and gave me antibiotics anyway. Later I got an X-ray saying I had a stress fracture, but I just don't know why my back hurt so badly that time. It was difficult for me to even walk and I was stuck with a walker for a month because the pain was unbearable, and I had restless nights because the pain was so exhausting.

I ended up getting a brace on the second month and wore it for about a 2-3 weeks, and I felt better. I've struggled these past months but I'm just glad that I'm able to walk without a walker now. I started Physical Therapy perhaps a month ago and I'm walking better. I suspect that not only did I have a stress fracture in my lower spine, but I think I sprained my back in the process. In the long run though, not only do I have back pain, but I've been having hip pain too. I don't know if they're connected, but I really hope this pain goes away.

I've tried massage and it gives a bit of relief but there's this tension in my lower back that doesn't want to undo itself. I've tried stretching it with child's pose but it gives me a bit of discomfort. I can't really bend over/twist either because it ends up hurting my hips. I've been doing hamstring stretches which takes away the pain for maybe a minute or two, but comes back after. It's so bothersome when I sneeze because my lower back ends up contracting just a bit and goes down to my glute a little. When I sit for a certain amount of time, my hip hurts when I get up and I need to walk around to get rid of it. Thankfully it doesn't go down to my foot and maybe just halfway my thigh.

I was thinking of trying myofascial therapy so that would mean getting a foam roller and maybe a tennis ball.
I've been in pain for months, and I can definitely say I've improved. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm crossing my fingers that it goes away by the end of this month since I've been walking and doing core strengthening exercises everyday.

My last option is PRP Therapy and well, that's a lot of money. I don't want to do surgery at all either.