Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Will doc still operate if I have an infected bug bite?

I have single-level ACDF surgery scheduled for Monday. When the intake nurse called me yesterday she asked a number of questions including whether I had any bug bites. I do have a few mosquito bites on my leg that I scratched the heck out of. I told her this and she said they might turn me away from surgery if they are infected. Well, one of them is pretty obviously infected. Crap! Anyone been turned away for something like this? I can't take the angst of rescheduling. Will they even notice it? It's in the middle of my calf. Help!
C5/6 herniation, type 2 diabetes, generalized anxiety disorder

• It is a bummer when they have to postpone a surgery, but it is for your protection. As you know, a hospital is a palace where one of the biggest complication can be to pick up an infection, some of them resistant to antibiotics. A bug bite does not seem like a big thing, yet it makes you vulnerable for a potential infection. For this reason hospitals screen you carefully for anything like that. They also make sure your bite is not infected with some of the super bugs that can spread to you or to others.