Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

More Injections

Hi all,

Last Wednesday I got my ESI + Facet Joint Injections. The first couple days afterwards I was really sore and had a bunch of painful spasms. But, by Saturday I was feeling better and today I feel better than I have in a long time. I also have more energy/will to do things than I've had in a long time as well.

I've always had pretty good luck with Facet Injections helping but my pain level this time is virtually gone (pain in the area)! I think my doctor found the sweet spot to inject the steroids. I go back for a second round on the 25th at two different levels. What's strange is Facet Injections work so well but RFA doesn't. I'm the medical odd ball I guess.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2

• LeeLeeMccDeeLLeeLeeMccDee Boston MAPosts: 101
    Congratulations Keith!!. It's awesome to hear some good news for a change and a procedure that actually has given you help. The one good thing I can say about chronic pain is that when something really helps us be "normal" again, we really notice the everyday things like walking, sitting, shopping etc. are gifts not to be taken for granted. I really hope you continue success with your injections.
    All the best, Lisa
  • so glad your facet joint injections worked, i had mine done 7 days ago and my pain has increased day by day., my pain levels are worse than before the injection, I now have pain in my legs which i did not have before , I am really scared that something terrible has happened. My Doctor as ordered another MRI (my last one was done a year ago which showed arthritis in the facet joints, and bulging disc). has anyone got any idea why the injections have caused this ? , I have been reading risks of these injections can cause increased pain but it does not mention how long for, is it temporary or forever ? Fran
  • Glad to hear your injections have given you the relief you were looking for Keith. Sadly mine didn't give me any relief and after meeting with the registrar, he has suggested another round of the triple injections is needed before considering other options. Onwards and (hopefully) upwards!
  • Nick is your Doc giving you the same injections that you had before ?
  • Frannie, yes they expect me to have another series of Facet Joint, Nerve Root Block and Caudal Epidural injections all in one go again, although I have asked that the registrar confirm this with the surgeon because it feels like I am back to the beginning even though I have undergone the PLIF in Feb-12
  • FrannieFFrannie Posts: 5
    edited 09/16/2014 - 10:39 AM
    If they did not work before why does your Doc want to do them again ?.
    My facet joint injections have not worked infact I am very much worse, so I will not have these again
  • EMS GuyEEMS Guy Posts: 915
    edited 09/16/2014 - 11:24 AM
    Sorry to hear about those of you getting injections have had bad outcomes. It makes me wonder a bit as well about why a doctor wants to repeat injections after you've already had surgery. I'd think a 2nd opinion may be needed to be on the safe side.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Sadly I have no immediate 2 nd option, I now come under the UK's NHS system, even though I am still ultimately accessing the same surgeon who took care of my revision fusion previously and knows my history. I have asked for the registrar to discuss with the surgeon in case this can be sidestepped, but if not I will give another round a shot and then see where things stand.

EMS Guy, I hope you continue to receive relief from your pain and continue on an upward trajectory