Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 week

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello I am one week out from a 2 level discectomy. The pain that I had before has gone...thank goodness. But I have some weird things happening in my right leg. There is numbness down the front of my calf all the way over the front of my foot.The foot is weak and I sometimes get a pain deep in my calf. I am getting concerned about these things...should I be worried yet???

• You are very very early out of surgery. Some numbness is most likely normal especially if you were having numbness issues before surgery. Remember those nerves and muscles have been moved and poked and prodded. They are mad at you!! LOL! So, take it easy, ICE ICE ICE! and more ICE. Hope that helps some.

• Thank you, how are you doing by the way
  • Sorry to hear that you're having pain. If you didn't have these symptoms before surgery by all means call your surgeon. While inflammation could be the culprit for the symptoms it's better to be safe than sorry. If you had these before then they probably are irritated from the surgery and time will lessen them. If you are in any way uncomfortable with what is going on with your body or recovery then you have the right to call! It's their job!

Good luck to you,

This discussion has been closed.