Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

All test are back

After what seemed like forever I now have answers. There is no cancer in my lungs. It is a severe stomach infection that traveled to my lungs, The Gi doc stated that where there should be pink tissue in the upper abdomen it is black. The nodules in my lungs are beginning to shrink since being on antibiotics. Ive also managed to put 8lbs back on. The reason for the infection.....stress. I have to make life changes or this wiil continue, It is considered chronic and can come back at anytime. It was not staph a as my osteomylitis so that is a good thing, At least I finally have answers.

• Yes!! At least you have some answers now. At the beginning of the summer I had kidney infections & surgery for my gallbladder which had died & started leaking gangrene into my body. Ugh! Chronic pain puts so much stress on our bodies & mind...as if life isn't stressful enough!! I read that living with chronic pain causes physical changes in our brains, decreased gray matter etc. I also read that meditation could (possibly) reverse these effects. It can't hurt. I've been using airomatherapy & meditation, visualization & distraction for a couple of years now & it seems to help.

I've followed your posts. I'm glad it wasn't cancer. You must of been so worried.
    Best of luck.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! I know that ordinarily having an infection would be a bad thing, but in this case, I am so glad that it turned out to be something that can be taken care of with antibiotics!

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    To say I was scared was the understatement. I was used to the spine surgery again, didnt even get nervous after 8 it seems normal. But the word cancer scared me to death not to say what it did to my nerves, I even had started a bucket list, Ive decided I am still going to do the bucket list as a celebration. I am going to do the things I wanted to do before I died or became too sick so why not do them now while i can enjoy it, I want to take the Richard Petty driving experience and drive a nascar, i want to see Niagara falls, I want to see the beach again to mention other things, and Im going to do them. Ill check them off my list one by one, The only one I will not do is sky diving, I think I better not push it too much.lol. My spine I believe would hate me for it. I almost feel as if this is a second chance and by god I going ot use it well'
  • Hi Susan, that's great news. I'm so glad that you have some answers, you must have been so worried. Hopefully the infection will clear up soon and you can start on that bucket list.
    Your excitement is contagious!
    DDD. Married,Mum of 2, Age 45: 2007 & 2008 L5/S1 Discectomy
    April 2013 L5/S1 Anterior Fusion
    & L4/L5 Artificial Disc Replacement
  • We should all have a bucket list! We should never stop striving to do what we dream of doing or working towards being the person that we want to be. You're right Hattie "It's contagious!" ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.