Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 Years into my L4/5 Disc Replacement - M6-L

Greetings all. Mike here, back on spine-health after 4 years. It's been tough, great, exciting, and depressing. But given all my ups and downs, I couldn't stress just how happy I am.

My whole story, including my trip to the hospital in London, surgery pictures, recovery, and post surgery exercises are all here on http://healingmyback.blogspot.com

Feel free to email me with questions and i'd happily get them answered. I even considered starting up up a medical ref feral service to London to try and get more people to get the procedure done. The US is way behind and I can't stress just how amazing it was to travel to Europe to get the procedure done. Unfortunately, my surgeon passed away in a tragic motorcycle accident, but my recommendation stands. ADR is the future. Of course, it's not for everyone, so please read everything carefully.

Happy reading my friends.
Successful ADR patient with a Spinal Kinetics M6-L on L4/5. Details, photos, surgery pics here: http://healingmyback.blogspot.com

• I had microdiscetomy in my s1-l5 9 days ago.
    I wish I have know it could done ADR instead.
    I did my operation in US where I live but d have travelled to Europa if needed since I m from there anyways..

I really feel it d have been better opinion for me since in only 33y and want to get back in active life and avoid future fusions etc.
    36y old female, s1-L5 micro discetomy 18th of September 2014
  • Hey there Mike,

31 y/o male, our stories sound similar. I just happened to run across your post here and read through your blog. Thanks a lot for starting that BTW, very helpful. I'm about 5 weeks post- microdiscetctomy (L5/S1, L4/L5) and, well, the pain has stayed about the same, if not gotten worse. I voiced my concerned with the surgeon and he recommended more physical therapy. I sure hope thats not a signal that I'm running out of options, as I'm already doing physical therapy.

Anyway, I had wondered for sometime if it was ever the discs that were causing problems. I began reading about facet joints. My doc did mention something about them being inflamed or damaged. The pain is really only one sided, but when I bend sideways to the right, my left side (deep low back) is very painful, almost like a tight muscle. Feels like it would be a facet or SI joint. Then again, it might be a re herniation or some severe post op swelling. I'll post later about what ignites the pain. Really I'm just looking to find someone with the exact symptoms I had/have so I can make a better informed decision with what I need to do from here. I'm sick of the running around. All the doctors can take their best guess, but I'm the one that has to live with this thing day in and out.

Oh, the joys of back pain.

greetings from another south floridian btw!