Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the site

CP is my constant companion. It is part of every waking moment of my life. It invades my sleep, it denies me access to my friends and family. It seems to be the thing that dictates the terms under which I live my life. My relationship with CP is very intimate. I consider CP an unwanted guest in my life, almost that of a deranged stalker. CP has decided, without my consent that it is to be a very active participant in my life. On a good day I defy my constant companion and do things that I choose to do. Things I know I will pay for but still I do it prove I still can.

Due to CP I have come up with new ways to describe pain. There is the common garden variety pain, which everyone know and has experienced. Then there is the pain that can almost be described as exquisite in its complete devastation. Then there is the pain that is sly, it pounces like a big cat attacking its prey. The list goes on and on. How does one use the 1- 10 scale when there is truly no number to quantify what you are experiencing.

I live my life as best I can. I choose to laugh at my uninvited guest. Not because I think there is anything funny about it, but to do anything else would be to admit defeat and curl up in a corner sobbing. There are days when I have pity parties for one. Being a stubborn sort, I know now that there are now new limits under which I must live my life. It has been a very long learning curve. I know that soon I must embrace this part of me rather than treat it as the unwanted intruder in my life.