Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery now or Surgery Later?

TadrogTTadrog Posts: 1
edited 09/30/2014 - 10:46 AM in Lower Back Pain
okay, was just diagnosed with three bulging disks, L3/L4, L4/L5 and L5/S1 with small tears on the lower two discs. in addition, I have stenosis both in the lower central canal and in the area of L4/L5. I have pain that radiates from my buttocks to my knees, sometimes more focused on my left but is on both sides. it comes while sitting, standing and walking. the level of pain is moderate but at times constant. cant seem to ever get comfortable.

doing PT and it has helped with the back pain, I have done four sessions of traction however the pain in the legs is worse each time, and then settles back to the normal ache after a few days.

I concentrate on not doing anything that will effect my back, so I have limited what I do which includes no long drives (30 minutes or more) no dishes, loading unloading the dishwasher. or any other simple thing. can't go camping, or fishing :(

anyway I am 54 male and I hate to put up with this for now and the years going forward knowing that in the future I will have to have surgery. so, anyone have any suggestions.