Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I just want to know what's wrong

SarahS904SSarahS904 Posts: 1
edited 10/02/2014 - 1:57 AM in Lower Back Pain
I've never really had any major back problems up until March 2014 when I lifted a small glass coffee table. My lower back felt like it was going into cramp so i sat down and the pain was excruciating, I fell to the floor and thought I'd broken it. I was stuck for about half an hour before I could manage to pull myself onto a chair. The pain lasted weeks and I had a suspected bulging disc at the bottom of my back. I went to the doctors a couple of days after it had happened as I literally couldn't walk I got medication to help with the pain and I also decided to pay for private physio which did help me get back on my feet and get back to work as I off on the sick for 6 weeks. After the physio ended I think I had 6-7 sessions in total, I noticed a clicking/crunching noise in my back whenever I walked for any longer than 15 minutes, I asked the physio what it could be and got told it's just everything going back into place. I believed it. So I plodded on for 5 months with this going on. Until about 3 weeks ago my lower back started really hurting again and I felt like it was going to go again. I visited a private chiropractor this time and she thinks I've got an underlying problem in my back and didn't want to treat me until I get a diagnosis. She did say she doesn't think its my discs anymore. I get a lot of pain in my neck and shoulders it's terrible some days, it even hurts to hold my head upright sometimes. I did eventually go back to the doctors and he was great who I seen, I've had blood tests and obviously inflammation came back high as I thought it would and I'm just waiting for an MRI this in 2 weeks time. I'm 28 and I honestly feel so much older with the amount of pain I'm getting, I'm so fed up and just want to know what's going on :(

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I'm pleased that the chiropractor wouldn't treat you! Until you know if you have damage to your spine or not you should never allow a chiropractor to do adjustments on you. I'm sorry, I know waiting can be a nightmare but until you get your MRI we would just be guessing what could be wrong. Good luck. Let us know what the diagnosis is & hopefully we can help you with similar experiences.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Hello Sarah,
    Relax, and take a deep breath, I know what you are going through, but I would wait until I get all the information I could, and then began to think about what is next. I have went through the same scary thoughts they you have and each medical procedure is different. Communicate with your doctors about your feelings, and research about the syptoms your are expericing. I had Laminectomies L4,L5, S1, L4 Gill Procedure, L4 L5 fushion with autograft and alograft. I am 1 month from pre-opt, and I see my doctor tomorrow for follow-up. My advice to you is read other post from this website, it was extrmely helpful for me. Don't be afraid to express to you doctors about your concerns. I wish you well, as I await my next stage of recovery. I have found a lot of support from those on this site that had made a tremendous affect on me going forward, the pain has been extremely difficult, especially sleeping. Good Luck, Ronald
    Ronald J. Geron