Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic Neck and Upper Back Pain at age 21

FromthetowerFFromthetower Posts: 1
edited 10/02/2014 - 7:26 PM in Chronic Pain
Hello, everyone.

I've visited this forum recently to help me realize I'm not the only one with chronic back or neck pain. We'll let me start off by explaining . About a year ago, after taking a new job where I'd sit and stare at a computer all day, I started waking up with a burning sensation that would radiate from my upper back between my shoulders to my neck. It was a constant pain. Along with that pain, I started getting constant headaches on my forehead and mostly on just one side of my head.

I went to my doctor and they assumed it was sinus issues and sent me home with medicine. Well, that didn't really help so I decided to go see a chiropractor after researching online. I went and was told after some X-rays, that not only do I have a straight neck, my spine is curved forward (I use to hunch over as a kid) and my lower spine is slightly curved to the side. My chiropractor didn't seemed too alarmed by this and reassured me I'll feel better after starting treatment. After some adjustments. I definitely started feeling better.

I stopped going, which I know I shouldn't have, because I was right back a year later.. With the same symptoms. I started again and it does help but I'm just so frustrated.

Along with my constant neck pain, upper back pain which are both usually tender to the touch, I get random head pains that aren't even headaches. They're more of just dull pains in random areas of my head. My chiropractor says it's a pinched nerve.

I just feel like I'm really young and along with the pain, came anxiety because I'm worried it's something else. I have a fear of getting a disease.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with a straight neck, or has had similar symptoms? How do you cope? Does it eventually go away? I'm a nervous wreck whose in constant pain.
advertisement

Comments