My name is Damon, I am 35 now. I used to live a healthy and active life... I would do anything to get back there. In February 2012 I felt a pinch in my neck while crossfitting, that pinch turned into a firestorm of pain by the next morning. I was diagnosed with:
- c3-c4 - c7-T1 5 bulging discs
- Bilateral Neuroforaminal narrowing
- Inpingement on the ventral aspect of the Thecal Sac and Cervical Cord
- Mild Spinal Stenosis
- c6-c7 - c7-T1 are both 5mm bulges that also inpinge nerves
Also around this time I developed severe Anxiety issues, with frequent panic attacks.
I went from being in great shape, to rehabbing and getting back into decent shape after about 7 months. Then I suffered a shoulder injury, which I believe was directly related to my neck injury. My Doctor's thought I was a hypochondriac, or I was chasing meds... 7 months later, my Doc finally ordered the MRI, the results were:
- AC Joint was shredded, I had to have all 3 ligaments surgically repaired, as well as my clavicle was shaved down nearly 1/2 an inch.
I have been dealing with Lumbar pain for a few years now, getting at least 4 xrays, but I finally got an MRI 2 months ago. The results were:
- L5 - S1 Significant epidural lipomatosis causing severecanal stenosis and narrowing of the thecal sac
- L2 - L3 Prominent dorsal dural fat. The thecal sac is slightly narrowed in the AP dimension measuring 9mm
To sum everything up, my whole body hurts... I have been dealing with acute pain in my right rhomboid that is unbearable. I can deal with pain, but I am at the point where I need some advice. Some Doc's want to do a triple fusion in my neck, some want to operate on my back, but I'd rather just tough it out until the technology is a bit more sound. It looks like the spinal cord issues actually are the crux of my Anxiety issues, and a number of other issues I deal with. I probably left a few things out, but ANY HELP would be appreciated.