Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member w/ Severe Spinal Issues

D.GrantDD.Grant Posts: 1
edited 10/05/2014 - 8:33 PM in New Member Introductions

My name is Damon, I am 35 now. I used to live a healthy and active life... I would do anything to get back there. In February 2012 I felt a pinch in my neck while crossfitting, that pinch turned into a firestorm of pain by the next morning. I was diagnosed with:
- c3-c4 - c7-T1 5 bulging discs
- Bilateral Neuroforaminal narrowing
- Inpingement on the ventral aspect of the Thecal Sac and Cervical Cord
- Mild Spinal Stenosis
- c6-c7 - c7-T1 are both 5mm bulges that also inpinge nerves

Also around this time I developed severe Anxiety issues, with frequent panic attacks.

I went from being in great shape, to rehabbing and getting back into decent shape after about 7 months. Then I suffered a shoulder injury, which I believe was directly related to my neck injury. My Doctor's thought I was a hypochondriac, or I was chasing meds... 7 months later, my Doc finally ordered the MRI, the results were:
- AC Joint was shredded, I had to have all 3 ligaments surgically repaired, as well as my clavicle was shaved down nearly 1/2 an inch.

I have been dealing with Lumbar pain for a few years now, getting at least 4 xrays, but I finally got an MRI 2 months ago. The results were:
- L5 - S1 Significant epidural lipomatosis causing severecanal stenosis and narrowing of the thecal sac
- L2 - L3 Prominent dorsal dural fat. The thecal sac is slightly narrowed in the AP dimension measuring 9mm

To sum everything up, my whole body hurts... I have been dealing with acute pain in my right rhomboid that is unbearable. I can deal with pain, but I am at the point where I need some advice. Some Doc's want to do a triple fusion in my neck, some want to operate on my back, but I'd rather just tough it out until the technology is a bit more sound. It looks like the spinal cord issues actually are the crux of my Anxiety issues, and a number of other issues I deal with. I probably left a few things out, but ANY HELP would be appreciated.