Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C1-C2 level Fusion Surgery

mwootmmwoot Posts: 2
edited 10/06/2014 - 6:08 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My 19 year old son fractured his 2nd cervical vertebra in an automobile accident 6/11/14. He had fusion of C1-2 surgery 7/1/14. I am interested in hearing from anyone who can share with me their post-op experience(s) and am wondering what we can expect as far as regaining movement etc.

• http://www.spine-health.com/forum/announcements/spine-health-announcements/welcome-message-resource

Your son's surgeon would be in the best equipped to offer you input regarding what movement he may regain and what body function may or may not be restored with this surgery. He has his medical imaging reports and knows the extent of the damage that he found during the surgery.

• I had a C1-C2 for fracturing my C2 as well but I was 14 when I had my surgery. I had hyper mobility as well though because I had lived with a fractured C2 for 10 years. For me I regained most of my motion, it really just depends on how your sons body reacts to the fusion. I had a pretty good post op- other than an increase in pain. As long as he has a great PT that should help to regain as much mobility as possible. My surgeon had me work specifically on gentle range of motion and my PT said that it shouldn't hurt when moving my head and if it does to pull back a little so that it doesn't hurt so long story short make sure he doesn't push himself too far and I hope he recovers quickly. Feel free to message me.