Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rear Ended - lower/mid back pain

kate1315kkate1315 Posts: 1
edited 10/09/2014 - 5:40 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi there,

In march I was rear ended by someone - and by the way I was turned something in my back hurt. I was in the drivers seat, left hand on wheel, but my head/neck was turned almost 90 degrees to the right. I had physio and massage therapy until about Mid August and then insurance ran out. It still hurts almost everyday. Xray showed nothing, but the MRI I had yesterday showed a bit of a disk bulge near my tail bone. But that part that hurts all the time is almost right in between my hip bones and ribcages on my left side only, and if you poke it hurts A LOT. Right side is fine. Could a disk bulge near my tail bone be causing this? I'm only 23 and don't want to have back pain for the rest of my life. Prior to this accident I've never had ANY back pain whatsoever. Doctors sending me to a sports medicine doctor but not sure it will solve anything? Seems very strange that a bulge near my tail bone would be causing this type of pain? Any solutions or ideas would be MUCH appreciated. :(

• I was stopped and the guy that hit me was doing around 60 MPH as a result I became a real life ;;newtons cradle 'you know the little desk toy made from steel ball bearings .but I was the last steel bearing .cars in the 90s did not have seat belt pre tensioner .so instead of me being grabbed by the seat belt and lock in by the seat belt pre tensioner I was pushed into the windshield and then yanked back at high speed ,[if it would have happened it a modern car I should have been able to walk away unharmed due to cars having so much safety kit of them so my body was the crumple zone ! the car did not look too bad the damage was transferred to me ,,modern cars ;;fall to bits but the occupants tend not to get badly hurt under around 40 MPH .[ I know a guy that hit the central reservation in his new people carrier at around 70 MPH and he walked away he could even open the drivers door the car looked like a wreck but the centre bit where the occupants are was untouched .when they design cars the use an ;;egg like safety cell then build the car around that .it doesn't matter what car you have euro NCAP test them all and they all have the ;;egg design safety cell regardless of external design the elliptical design helps the occupants keep safe as its a very strong design .I just wish they used it back in the 1990s ,,cars looked ok after a small crash but the driver took all the force ,now cars fall to bits and the driver escaped major damage .unless they were hit by something massive compared to what they were driving or they were doing stupid speeds .I was 29 when it happened to me and I have had 4 spinal operations since I am sorry to say that I am still in pain and I have not got any better in 20 years .I hope that you fair better