Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal injections/block and tattoos

zena_masonzzena_mason Posts: 1
edited 10/11/2014 - 2:11 AM in Spinal Injections
Please would someone be able to advise me about lumbar epidural steroid injections to lower back?

I have had lower back problems for many years and had many injections and surgery twice to correct a bulging disc. For the last year I have been having more problems with my leg, back, shoulder and ankle that I went back to see my gp, to be referred back to my original surgeon. Cut a long story short, I had a scan and to say that I have a lot of scaring and a bulging disc again. He offered to have either infection or/surgery, my problem is that I am trying to finishes my back tattoo.... On talking to my tattooist he said that continuing the piece could put the treatment back because some surgeon my say no, due to the ink being into the blood stream.

So my question is do I put it on hold until finished with injection and possible surgery or continue with the tattoo?

I've tried to get hold of the hospital to where I'm having them done but when I'm free to talk they aren't and when they are 'm working.

Advise on this matter would be great, I look forward to reading any response.
Thank you


Sign In or Register to comment.