Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Are there others who have Cauda Equina Syndrome

I am just wondering if there are others who have the diagnosis of Cauda Equina Syndrome? The pain,nerve damage and changes it causes in our daily lives. I would like to find people in US who have experience with this diagnosis and are willing to share in hopes it will help others navigate there care. I personally have been given the challenge of learning how to deal with the affects of having CES, and I am learning as I go. I believe many health care providers don't know a whole lot about it either making this quite a bit more challenging. I would love to see a support group form. Where others can get the need praise they need to keep going or simply find out the pros and cons of diff. Meds.

• and there are support groups on the web and facebook for those who have Cauda Equina Syndrome.
  • chrisloveslifecchrisloveslife Posts: 2
    edited 12/22/2015 - 10:20 PM
    I found this post a year later. Any tips or advice for someone fairly recently diagnosed with cauda equina syndrome?

Cauda Equina Syndrome
    For more helpful information please click on link
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz -Spine-health Moderator
  • I have CES, twice in fact.....feel free to pm me if I can help.

• I have just been diagnosed with CES, finally, after 5 years of massive suffering, including a stroke (and I was an incredibly healthy 40-something). 5 years before they finally believe me. I am beyond angry. Next week I get my permanent colostomy bag and catheters. Although, I will finally have relief, it is overshadowed by the carelessness and the arrogance of a few doctors. No more screaming for 18 hrs on the toilet just to pass a pebble of poo. This couldn't have come any sooner. I have lost almost 50 lbs since the surgery causing the CES. I look like a homeless crackhead (or feel like one). I am dying and this is going to save my life. Nothing like getting the treatment you need at the very last second. Thanks AIG and work comp for ruining my life.
    never ever give up!