Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Unusual Pain - Need Help to Try to Diagnose

JeffMJJeffM Posts: 1
edited 10/17/2014 - 2:45 PM in Lower Back Pain
About 4-5 months ago, I woke up one morning after playing tennis the night before. Had groin pain that made me limp around a bit. Groin pain resolved.

However, ever since, I have had pain on my entire right side, including as low as mid-to-upper buttock, hip, groin, in the area of appendix, on over to lower ribs, around the back to around T-12/L-1 to the right of spine about 1.5 inches, and on downward to the Sacral region. Basically, my entire right side feels a dull, headache-like pain, which feels like it is coupled with muscular tightness.

It really feels like if I could stretch the heck out of it, it might improve. Stretching feels good to do, but it does not cause any lasting relief. Even though muscles feel all tight and achy, I stretch quite far - for example, I can sit on the floor with legs straight out, bend forward and place the palms on my hands around the soles of my feet and touch my nose to my knee. I can hold that position for as long as I want, but usually hold it for around 1 - 2 minutes.

I do not recall any particular trauma. I do remember, however, trying to learn how to serve overhand. Maybe that caused some sort of injury, but if so, I distinctly recall I felt no sense of any pain or injury whatsoever that night. I was in decent shape, physically (and still am), so I am somewhat at a loss.

I feel fine. No fever, chills, nausea, sweating, or anything. Just that dull, achy, tightness throughout my right side as described. I don't know what to even call it. Usually, for me, back pain is more localized. I have never had it where I could feel it over such a large area. I am almost tempted to describe it as some sort of nerve disorder, but then, if it was, that would involve several nerves, obviously,

It causes me no disability at all. It's just a rotten, minor nuisance that is bad enough to where I contort and twist and poke and prod and rub my back and side frequently, and people notice me doing it.

It feels as though it must be muscle-related because the stretching feels good and when I stretch, I can feel the tight area pull. But like I said, if it was for lack of being limber, I think I am very limber, since I can easily stretch as far as I do.

Does anyone want to take a serious stab at this? Meanwhile, I'll get back to some more stretching.

No one is qualified nor permitted to offer a medical diagnosis. A patient should always consult with your physician for proper testing , diagnosis and treatment options for any medical condition.

5.12 You agree that any information, opinions or other content provided by doctors or patients on Spine-health.com forums is for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical diagnoses or treatment. Always consult with a physician for any health problem or medical condition.
5.13 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),