Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Compression fracture from injury...don't understand my follow up MRI??

rmebraattrrmebraatt Posts: 1
edited 10/18/2014 - 6:48 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi there,

I just had a follow up MRI, and I don't quite understand it. In July I got a compression fracture from an injury in a mud run that I did....does anyone know what this means? My physical therapist doesn't want to touch me until I meet with the Dr again which is sometime next week because they didn't understand it completely either....Here is what it said:

Note is again made of relatively mild compression deformity of the superior endplate of C7, limited to the anterior column. Associated marrow edema has resolved, although a transeversly oriented "lucency" is again suggested if anything more conspicuous, consistent with interval evolution. There is no osseous retropulsion, or bone destruction.

There is continued reversal of the mid to lower cervical lordosis. The cerebellar tonsils lie at the foramen magnum. There is a slight disc space narrowing with degenerative marrow change at C5-6.

The cervical spinal cord is normal in size and signal characteristics.

There is mild to moderate posterior ridge at C5-6, asymmetric to the left, with mild flattening of the left ventral aspect of the cord. There is mild facet hypertrophy at this level.

Subacute to chronic anterior column C7 compression fracture, with evolution since August 2014

I am not quite sure what that means, but in the first MRI it didn't mention anything about compression of my cord (mentioned something about a sac) so does this mean it has gotten worse?

I do know that I am in more pain now, then when it happened...has anyone else had this type of injury? What should I expect when I go back to the dr?

Thank you so much in advance!

No one is qualified nor permitted to give you any information on a medical test result. That information needs to come from your medical provider. Treatment options will be discussed with you when you see your doctor.
5.12 You agree that any information, opinions or other content provided by doctors or patients on Spine-health.com forums is for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical diagnoses or treatment. Always consult with a physician for any health problem or medical condition.
5.13 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),