Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

so frustrated

cherrybabyccherrybaby Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:( I am getting so frustrated right now!!! So I do not mean to complain on here, but i need some where to vent. My husband is wonderfull but dose not like to hear it all the time.
I am in so much pain and the meds so not work very well lately. I have been up since 3 a.m. with my meds. All I did yeaterday was went fishing with my family and it was all on paved roads. and really did not walk any where.
I am still working every day my 8 hr. shifts and by the time i am there for 4 to 5 hrs. I am dieing and want to go home but my boss wont let me.
I still have the pain down the left leg and am starting to get it down the right leg now.
Sorry for using this as a venting sight but i needed to say something to some one who knows what i am going threw and that understands!!!
Thank you for everything!!!!
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

• Vent away dear! We have to sometimes just scream and say what the heck?????????? :sick: It is just awful, and we all been there or are still there with you! So go ahead and vent! ;)
  • I know exactly how you are feeling. Very little rest, pain, stress, and depression.

My hubby doesn't have 1/2 a clue what it is like and doesn't want to hear about it either.

I sure hope that you get some relief and find a good strong shoulder to lean on.... You can have one of mine. My shoulders are fine- it is my low back that is a mess :D

Today is a high pain day. I know I already started on the vicaden and flexerile and it is only 12:30 pm.

Happy Sunday- lots of soft hugs all around :)

• I like your name LOL :P can I ask have you had any surgery as of yet? where is most of your pain located?

• Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering so much :( Have you had surgery or are you waiting for surgery at all? What's your story? We do all understand how you are feeling. Your priority is to get your pain under control so please go and see your doctor/surgeon/pain management team, whoever! Just see if there is a change in meds that may help you to get this under control a bit better. It took me 7 months this time round before I've found a cocktail of meds that is helping me to cope.

Good luck with everything and please come here to vent any time you need to, it's what we're here for :) Hugs, Spicey
  • Cherry,

I have L4-S1 so my pain is mostly my right around my belt line- into my hips and then the nerve stuff in my legs,feet,knees,toes, etc.

Today is especially bad bc/I mowed and bagged the lawn trying to guilt my husband into it yesterday- it totally backfired on me- he didn't even aknowledge it or me....

No surgery yet not so patiently waiting for insurance to get real.

• I am still waiting for the worker comp to approve the sugery i was told that it should have been approved on friday but of corse no phone call.
  • Sorry you are having such a hard time. I know what you mean about giving hubby a break from the frustration you are feeling. While I wouldn't put my hubby in the "wonderful" classification ;) he is listening to me this time when I decide to vent to him. But, that being said, it is so much easier for me to rant and rave to other people who know what constant pain is like, what it does to you physically and mentally, than to try to explain it to him.

Good luck with your surgery approval.
  • Cherry,

It's hard for someone else to feel our pain, even if you're the most well spoken person in the world. All we can do for others is to try to tell them how we feel and do what we can. Leave the rest undone. I know, easier said than done! I used to be such a perfectionist about everything, my house, my work, my truck, my dogs, myself. It had to go because I just can't keep up. My truck looks like it hasn't been washed in 10 months (it hasn't lol) and the house is left to my aging mother who does what she's capable of. I have to be happy with it because I simply can't do it.

Don't give up on your husband. Take him to your doc appointments and let the doc tell him how bad you feel. Most of how they act, I'm convinced, is denial.

Good luck to you,