Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

old fusion hurting?

motelman99mmotelman99 Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:18 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
has anyone had or ever hear of and old fusion going out and dr might have to redo?after my (lam)last mo.i have leg pain&numbness.i had l-4 l5,fused 13 years ago and thats where its coming from.dr thought it might be peripheral vascular disease.but had ultra sound and dr said i didn't have it.i;m just finshing up a steroids pack.it help at frist,pain went away for a couple of days but now its back...could the ns have hit something when he was doing my lam?thats what im kinda thinking.next step is he wants me to see a pain dr.don;t see how thats really going to help me.had shots before never helped only made the pain worse.i'll never let them give me another one.

• Motel,
    You might want to ask your Doc for a new MRI as soon as possible just to make it you feel at ease. Good luck!
  • yes,i had and mri done and dr said not much has change.i'm getting a copy of the mri this week.he did say that l-2 was not very good.and could do another lam...noway..if i ever get another surgery its going to be a fusion,don't care if i wont have alot of movement...
  • Don't blame Ya!! I would not have another surgery unless absotuletly necessary and they have to dragged me into the OR screaming!!
  • Sounds like a tough spot to be in.. i had a failed fusion from last year; hence the need to re-do the same this year plus fuse the verterbrae above the 2 that was done last year.. Surgery is a decision that must be made between you and the doc... its your body, and you have the final say. If you are unable to move and have to crawl on all 4's to get to the T.V., then maybe its a necessary thing to have.. it depends on how you feel about the quality of life that you lead.. good luck and god bless