Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ALIF 7-31-14 L3-4, L5-S1

NativeAZ73NNativeAZ73 Posts: 2
edited 10/25/2014 - 8:41 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, I am new member that has had back & neck pain for over 12 years, history of degenerative disc disease, & fibromyalgia. I had L5-S1 microdisectomy on right side in 2009 after several epidural injections, pain management, therapy, etc. I had to have surgery due to total numbness of right leg. Dr. said wouldn't recover cause bone was broken off into nerve roots & wouldn't of gotten better. The numbness went away, but had continued nerve pain intermittently. I've dealt with pain for several more years & ended up having to have an ALIF (anterior lumbar interbody fusion) through front, & since surgery have to wear back brace, bone unit, & walking, shower, & toilet aid. After surgery I experienced tremendous pain afterwards & have developed numbness and tremendous pain in my right leg knee down with foot drop. I also have the two middle toes & pinky toe acting up recently. I am unable to dorsel flex my foot & can barely move my toes on right side. I've recently had EMG? Nerve study test but only thing that he can say is that showed a pinched nerve between L4-5, that it can be due to surgery or scar tissue as stated by orthopedic surgeon. I'm waiting to get new MRI next week & follow up with ortho to see if he needs to go in through back to remove scar tissue or whatever has to be done to relieve symptoms, but I am scared & very hesitant. Tried to make history short, but if anyone has experienced anything similar would love to hear.