Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Would like input on results from my MRI Cervical Spine, no contrast

walkfordogswwalkfordogs Posts: 2
edited 10/26/2014 - 1:58 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi Neck Pain Forum,

I have results from a Cervical Spine no contrast MRI that was ordered my my neurologist (see summary of MRI results below). In addition, based on my pain, tingling, numbness, etc., my doctor is also ordering a MRG test be done a on my left arm where I have most of the tingling and numbness.

My doctor prescribed Neurotonin 100 mg. capsules, 3 times a day, to try and help relieve some of the symptoms until my MRG testing appointment which is a week from this Monday, but so far the medicine is not working, and it just makes me tired and depressed.

It was suggested that I have the results reviewed by a spinal doctor and for them to correlate the image findings with my actual symptoms. Would like your input on that?

My FINDINGS: An MRI Cervical Spine without contrast showed findings of cervical straightening, multi-level disc desiccation, mild endplate degeneration with mild disc bulges.

Minimal upper thoracic disc bulging with stenosis, mild right uncovertebral joint hypertrophy with mild right neural foraminal narrowing at C2-C3.

Minimal generalized disc bulging and moderate right and mild left neural foraminal narrowing due to uncovertebral joint hypertrophy at C3-C4.

Mild generalized disc bulging effacing the ventral thecal sac, moderate left and mild right neural foraminal stenosis due to uncovertebral joint hypertrophy at C4-C5.

Mild generalized disc osteophyte complex effacing the ventral thecal sac, at C5-C6.

Mild generalized disc bulging with small right paracentral component effacing ventral thecal sac, moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis , a simple perineural cyst along the exiting left C7 nerve root in left neural foramen at C6-C7.

Minimal disc disease without central canal stenois and small perineural cyst along exiting left C8 nerve root at C7-T1.

1. Multilevel mild disc bulges without significant focal disc herniation or significant central canal compromise. Minimal C6-C7 central canal narrowing.

2. Moderate bilateral C5-C6, moderate to severe left C4-C5 neural foraminal stenosis due to uncovertebral joint hypertrophy. Additional mild to moderate neural formation narrowing.

3. Benign left C6-C7, C7-T1 and bilateral T1-T2, neural cysts.

I look forward to any suggestions you have based on reading my MRI results, and what plan of action do you recommend I take from here. I look forward to hearing back from anyone in a similar situation.

Thanks so much for letting me share with you.

Moderator comments
No one is qualified nor permitted to give you any information on your medical tests or symptoms. That information needs to come from your medical providers.

Kathy M.