Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

spondylolisthesis, 4 herniated disk

0407christopher00407christopher Posts: 3
edited 10/26/2014 - 2:00 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, I was injured on 7/17/14. I have spondylolisthesis ,grade 1 and four herniated disk, L5-s1 has 2 cracks in that vetabrea and is bone on bone.I have seen a spine surgeon and he want to do surgery to get me back to edl.I have lower pain in my back constantly with flare ups.I have no leg pain yet. Ive managed all the pain with just IB 800,will not take narcotics unless I'm on my knee's. Before all this happened I had put in a bunch of job applications with NY state. Im currently a bricklayer and currently out of work due to my back, well I got offered a job driving plow truck for the state and don't know if i should take the job and try to get some time in before i go out for surgery, or play it safe and not risk further injury. The down fall to the job is full time,temporary,so come spring if their is no availability i can get laid off. Im also a candidate for another state job at a prison doing maintenance for the state. I know these jobs are really hard to come bye. I just don't know what to do. Play it safe or try and better my future. Im currently on workman's comp for now. Im 32 yrs old and not sure what direction to head in. Thanks for any input.


  • We can't answer that for you........that is something that you really need to discuss with your surgeon, about the risks involved in postponing surgery or not.....in some people, waiting for surgery is the best option and for others, there may be risks involved that you are unaware of, so your best option is a frank discussion with your surgeon........ask about the risks involved in either situation, the recovery period time frame, and limitations post op, and the risks of not having surgery at this stage and waiting for a few months, especially given the work environments of both positions.
Sign In or Register to comment.