Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sleep in a recliner?

Sally222SSally222 Posts: 1
edited 10/28/2014 - 8:00 PM in Sleep Problems
Anybody else sleep in a recliner? It's so much easier to get into position when the chair just takes me back and lifts my feet. I haven't been able to sleep in my bed for nearly a year.

I'm thinking I need a better recliner though, one that allows me to lie flatter. Any suggestions? Has anybody tried the one called, I think, the Perfect Sleeper,

post edited by the spine-health moderator team
It is not permitted for members to name branded products on the forum. What is good for one member may not suit another as spine conditions are so complex.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    edited 10/28/2014 - 8:03 PM

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • bjuraszbbjurasz Posts: 3
    edited 07/07/2015 - 3:39 AM
    When I had my cervical fusion surgery I was in a neck brace for a month and the only thing I could do was sleep in the recliner. I still find it useful, especially if I am sick, though I am a side sleeper. My biggest issue with the recliner is keeping my neck straight and not letting my head droop to the side.
    Bill Jurasz
    Cedar Park, TX
    C4-5-6 fusion
  • TesoroDevilTTesoroDevil Posts: 4
    edited 07/10/2015 - 8:51 AM
    I actually slept in a nice recliner for a few months when I was forced to move from one place to another on short notice. I ended up having to leave my matress and box spring at the first location and had to resort to the couch. The couch was one of those "movie theatre" deals with a center console, though, so that meant using the recliner.

It was the best sleep I've ever had! I ended up liking it so much that I kept putting off getting a real bed. Ended up being a good thing, because I was forced to relocate AGAIN and had to sell the furniture I'd kept and move across the state.
  • there are some high quality rise and recline recliners .they are very good to rest and sleep on i would advise you to try one out before you purchase one leather tends to be a better purchase because should you spill your food or drink you can clean it up with very little damage to your chair  after reading many posts it looks like many people with spinal problems use some sort of recliner ..i use one myself its far comfier than a bed .some auction site have good deals i hope you can get some sleep 
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    This is an old discussion created by a member no longer on the forum so I am closing it.
    I suggest you create a new discussion

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
This discussion has been closed.