Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mandzsmommammandzsmomma Posts: 2
edited 10/30/2014 - 8:59 PM in New Member Introductions
I had a double layer (s1-L5-l4) fusion on May 20th (after suffering with a congenital deformity that had been aggrivated by a car accident 8 years prior) I had previously tried everything conservative, PT, Epis, Steriod shots, meds, the nerve got pinched so bad I had fallen a couple times. I am only just now 33. Was 32... this was 2014. Over the last three months the SI pain persisted with more severity. My husband said I needed to do more exercises, doc said the nerves were working in new ways due to my back being straight now. Gradually over the last month I started hearing and feeling creaking noises in my back... long story short, PT (also MD chiro) said we are not moving you until we do xrays. He discovered both screws at S1 were broken (that was the Friday before this past)> I had my second surgery (less than 6 months after the first) just this past Monday... my leg pain had gotten so bad right before I had this shooting pain that would make my leg give out. Doc said it sounded like a hamstring sprain. His OR report says Lumbarsacral Ligament Sprain (I think he is refusing at this point to admit the broken hard ware, and moved bone, further damaged my SI nerve).... only a few days out of surgery so praying for some permanent relief PT today did not go well, right leg does not want to move with out horrendous pain.
Both surgeries were done out patient. The first one, I was cleared to return to work 4 weeks later.
This time, I am struggling to urinate too... like it just is stuck, I feel urge, and by the time I get on the john, and the leg pain takes over, I have to sit for 10-15 mins to pee, and it comes in slow bursts... praying that goes away too!
I am here for support from others. Never was I told broken hardware could be a complication, and never in a million years did I think I would need another surgery just 6 months shy of the first. Very frustrated :(

Please follow link.........