Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is It Possible?

SandyshoresSSandyshores Posts: 3
edited 10/31/2014 - 5:17 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I went to see the doctor and he wants me to have a MRI on my neck, he says an xray is a waste of money because the image would not show deep inside the bone area if its a collapsed disk but he gave me Voltaren & Percocet,well I cant take volteran it causes chest pain and stomach ulcers and the Percocet as its own side effects but I could never live on them for the pain they are not affective.No matter what I take the popping cracking sound does not stop, but some part of the muscle or tendon in there is not as tender when I take the meds.He also wants me to wear a soft neck band for 3 weeks try getting used to that! Gee I felt like I was suffocating this may keep my neck facing one way but the popping is still happening.
I wondered if its ever happened that the neck joint got so weakened and poris that it actually broken, anyone ever hear of this? I mean its frightening to me how my neck feels and sounds I wonder if the bone would actually break:(
Doc told me to stop popping my neck and I told him I cant help it its doing it on its own what kinda fool statement is that?anyway far as the scan goes I don't have thousands of dollars for one,I live in the Bahamas and unless you got some rich family member or friend whose willing to help then your hopeless and that's where I am at the moment. He told me to wait and see if this treatment works with the meds and band and then we will go from there.I am skeptical.

So basically I'm just a few days of Percocet and the neck band..imagine that!

• MRIs are expensive, that's true. But if you really want to figure out -or at least have an image that my help you figure out- what is going on with your neck, an MRI is the next step. I would see if there are any organizations that can help you offset the costs? A lot of times, the physician can help to put you in touch with support systems that can assist you. Try asking; it can't hurt.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1