Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RF or iFuse? Need to choose

littlezerollittlezero Posts: 1
edited 10/31/2014 - 9:43 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
Reader's Digest version: Pain and leg weakness/randomly collapsing for 6 years. Made all the rounds -- Chiropractor. Neurologist. Rheumatologist. Etc. Finally diagnosed this March with SIJD (right side), by a wonderful doctor who did the SI injections and they worked (for a short time each time).

Now I need to decide whether to do the RF and hope I get a nice long time from it, or do the iFuse surgery. When I read the other posts here about these procedures, it seems that everyone else has multiple combinations of surgeries and procedures behind them that may be complicating the success of their outcomes...prior back surgeries, etc.

I've had none of those. No spinal fusions or anything -- just SI injections. I don't even take any medicine except Ibuprofen. So I don't know how to compare possible results with someone who has multiple concerns. Is there anyone else out there with an experience closer to mine?

BTW, even though I take nothing except Ibuprofen, I've been in agony now for so long that I can't remember what it was like to be normal. Every position hurts. Standing, walking, sitting, laying down. Sleep is nearly impossible because I thrash around like a fish all night trying to find a position that isn't agony. I am ready to do anything it takes to have my life back again.