Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe hip pain after Lumabr surgery.

hisbeauty4asheshhisbeauty4ashes Posts: 182
edited 11/10/2014 - 10:00 PM in Lower Back Pain
I was not sure if this was the right forum for this.I have had multiple surgeries.However I had my L5 S1 fused in 2007. I started having like erratic off and on pain in the right hip. This has gone on awhile and increased when I had five surgery's on my right foot because I wore those boot casts that were like totally heavy. Well over this last year it got worse. Now a month and a half it has gone from a 5 to a 9 and 10 on the pain scale. I have been in bed for three days now and in severe pain.

I went to my doctors they did X rays of the hip it showed mild degenerate joint disease, otherwise it was normal. I am thinking how in the world can that be. The pain is in the groin area and wraps around to the outside hip joint down to my knee. It is a horrible burning sensation with any movement. Everything is uncomfortable. Can they see better with an MRI what is going in in there?
Does the Xray really show everything?

My doctor gave me an injection but it did not do anything but cause more pain. She is sending me to an Orthopedic..

• tricky. You could have all sorts of things going on in there and no an xray does not show everything, which is why they do MRI. THing is with MRI of the hip because of the way the joint is even that doesn't show everything, but it might show enough to allow the MD to determine you pain. I hope it improves soon!
  • Thanks so much. Yes this has not been fun.
  • Well here is an update which I find interesting. I have had severe pain from my Thoracic spine. I got an Epidural yesterday morning in hopes to get some relief and low and behold, "I woke up this morning to no burning hip or leg pain." I had no idea the Thoracic had anything to do with that.

So when I go to UCSF next week and meet with the Nero Surgeon I will have to tell him what occurred.