Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can anyone explain Thoracic Levoscoliosis for me?

Thoracic Levoscoliosis? I've been searching all over the internet to see what answers I can find. The only thing I've found is that it's not common.
"The rare occurrence of levoscoliosis in the thoracic spine indicates a higher probability that the scoliosis may be secondary to a spinal cord tumor. A physician will order an MRI for a thorough diagnosis."
I suffered a back injury at the age of 14, which more than likely led to the development of my current condition. I have moderate thoracic levoscoliosis, lumbar dextroscoliosis with a rotational component, moderate degeneration of the L5-S1 vertebrae. Since my last x-ray (which was around 6 years ago) and my current x-ray (two weeks ago), there's been some advance of the curvature in both the thoracic and lumbar.

I experience chronic pain, which is eased mildly (so I can get through the day) by far too many pain meds and an antidepressant for nerve pain (alongside depression and anxiety - diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD).

I get a lot of referred pain in my right and left arm, mainly in the thoracic region of my spine, numbness, hot and cold sensations from my rib cage right down to my right ankle.

My doctor doesn't want to refer me for any additional scans. I've seen a couple of osteopaths, physiotherapists, and chiropractors in the past, and and have had acupuncture for pain relief. I'm pretty active, and do all the suggested physio exercises for posture on a daily basis. Nothing really helps, other than the pain medication, and that only takes the edge off the pain.