Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lower back post op

TeenahnahTTeenahnah Posts: 2
edited 11/13/2014 - 8:22 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello my name is Tee, I have had multi level fusion done a month ago and I am having some problems...
I had a L4 & 5 fusion and was in bad pain continuously...my rt hip down to my thigh was always hurting on the 10 pain scale. They did a block 3 weeks after surgery and it only got worse. Now the pain runs down to my calf. They are scheduling a second surgery now and im worried. The C.T. scan they did showed that the Sciatic nerve is being pinched.

Also im having hot flashes and then become freezing right after and have never done that before. The surgery site is very, very hot to the touch. I asked the doctor about it and he said that it was hot because it was healing. (???)

Does any or all of this sound reasonable to you? Please help me with these questions.

I Remain,

T. George
theresa george

• Hello Tee. I'm so sorry. Can I ask what's pinching your sciatic nerve? You've just had surgery!!! Do you have a trusted pain management doctor or GP? I'd ask them for the best surgeon they know & ask them to get a fast appointment for you to get a second opinion before this next surgery. You don't sound like you have much trust in yours left. That's what I'd do. I'm so sorry I'd be completely guessing if I tried to answer your questions & that could only cause more confusion/worry here. It could be so many different things I could think of. I'm so sorry. I'd at least get another doctor to look at your incisions & check you out.

I had emergency surgery to remove my dead gallbladder earlier this year. I blamed so many symptoms on my spine pain. I'm only saying that because people with bad spines get sick too. I think it probably is related to your spine which is why I said 2nd opinion but it couldn't hurt to discuss all of this with a doctor you trust.

Best of luck.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • Have you been seen by your surgeon to make sure that there is no infection? Before undergoing a second surgery, I would suggest you consult with another surgeon for a second opinion and make sure that there are no signs of redness, drainage, or swollen, open areas surrounding the incision.