Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Base of skull pain

I have arthritis all through my spine and all the other goodies that go hand in hand with it, spinal stenosis, bulging disks, osteophytes and scoliosis My last MRI was over 3 yrs ago so I'm sure my condition has deteriorated even more. Always had a crunchy neck to the the point of pivoting my head around makes me nauseous. Now I'm having pain on my right lower knob of my skull. It' not like a headache more of just a dull ache going down into my cervical spine. Anyone else have this problem? How often do you get new x-rays or MRI for your back pain? I do see PmDr for my back and get epidural injections for the lower spine. The shots help for about 6 months. It seems like I read some where epidural shots for upper cervical spine are not recommended. Have had tender point shots upper shoulder area. Should I ask for new x-rays and MRI? Any recommendations or suggestions for this high cervical neck and skull pain? Do use a microwave heated pad that feels good and take a Flexeril and pain meds.

linda clark

• You may want to talk to your doctor about the increasing symptoms and see what he recommends as far as updating any imaging. Some doctors may want to update the images every year or so, others not so often if the person is stable .