Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Swallowing and other pain issues

Hi there. Was wonderin if any of you folks out there have had the same problems as myself. After my july 21 discectomy with allograft and playing at c5- c6. With strangling feeling I. Throat which now started having a burning sensation to go along with it. And a negative egd for for acid reflux and a positive narrowing of esophagus and plates pressing against the back of esoohagus dx during modified barium swallow. Now also with increased neck pain and my skin is sore to touch like a bruise so the new things are the skin soreness. Burning at plating site Anyone have this? Or same surgery and symptoms. What did the drs do for u? I am seeing a second surgeon as the first wasn't even willing to see me again to my surprise. I wonder if he didn't screw up and now doesn't wanna deal with me. Anyway. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Even if ur own story helps me. Thanks. Ren

• I had an anterior dissection with fusion and plating c4-c7 in dec 2010, and occasionally have slight choking episodes and reflux issues. Not sure about the causes. Reflux may be due to meds. Choking and occasional spasms too. I do my best to be easy on my neck and all. The symptoms just happen. Prilosec for reflux and indigestion. Spasms treated with tizanidine if needed.
  • My ACDF was in October 2005 & I still have swallowing problems, I expect I always will. I am very careful about what I eat, especially meats. I make sure to cut them into tiny pieces before eating & never anything fried. I wont even eat chicken anymore because that is what caused my worst choking episode to date. I, too, have acid reflux disease but mine is due to pancreatitis. I take 40 mgs of Prilosec 2 times a day and can add a Protonix on the days when the Prilosec isn't working. Also take zanaflex for the spasms. Like, Litlgrn, I do my best to be easy on my neck.