Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help with MRI results!!!!

knewberry72kknewberry72 Posts: 2
edited 11/19/2014 - 4:54 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am not sure where to post this...but I have had neck, shoulder pain for years. I recently started having pain on the left side and it is usually on the right side. The pain feels different on this side than it usually does on the other. The pain has been almost constant for 4 weeks now. I have been to my family doctor, and to the ER. The pain is a sharp shooting pain in my collar bone, left arm and in certain fingers...it hurts so bad that I can't concentrate on anything else...I cant raise the arm above my head because of the pain. I also have a puffiness close to my neck and right above the clavicle bone, there is also some puffiness under the clavicle. When I lay down it hurts worse. The pain is so hard to describe...because it is shooting pains, but also a weird pain in my clavicle and left chest area. When I move suddenly the pain hurts more in my clavicle and left chest. The have done CT scan, chest xray, shoulder x-rays. I just had another MRI, one of many! There is something on the MRI that I was curious about...It says, Slight increased spinal cord signal is noted at c5-c6 level...what does that mean?

I can type the results of the MRI if anyone wants to see it :)

Thanks so much for your help :)

No one is qualified or permitted to offer any information on any medical reports. That must come from your medical provider. It is a violation of the forum rules to ask for or provide any advice or information.
Kimberly Newberry