Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I think I have all but 1 symptom!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Fibromyalgia
My doctor and I decided about a year ago that it was official, I have it, although we have not pursued and or noted it, because of insurance issues and other cervical issues that I have! I was diagnosed with IBS and Depression about 20 years ago, and didn't really put 2 and 2 together until about 3 years ago and then started the long process of ruling out everything else. I have had cervical issues for about the same length of time as the IBS, and just had that fixed in early May. I have all of the aches, pains, fatigue, etc...that is listed everywhere you read. After reviewing SH for several months now, I find it very disheartening that there are not more people that post in this particular forum :( I know we can not be the only few here! I would like to see others tips on how to get thru the day to day issues of fibro! I also have severe arthritis in the cervical and thoracic areas, besides now a fusion. So any help I can get or give has to be benificial to all. I have a high stress desk job which I think makes my fibro worse. I have to stand and walk every 30-45 minutes at work and then at night once I sit and try to relax I look like an 80 year old when trying to stand up and I am only 46!!! It stinks!!!! I hope all of you are doing well today and dealing the best you can with this evil }:) condition. Take care.

• Well, i don't think you know what happened, but this forum used to be somewhere else, so you are just seeing recent responses, as this board is new.

I also have fibro, only officially being diagnosed 3 weeks ago today. I also have IBs and depression and many of the other symptoms of fibro. i got diagnosed after having severe, unknown pain in the medial area of my left knee, following a meniscus injury. i now know that that was one of the tender points for me. i have a total of 16 of the tender points and tons and tons of trigger points all over the place. For the most part, it's my right shoulder, the 2 knee ones and my neck in the back and front that bother me the most right now. i have a retail job where i am on my feet for at least 7 hours of my day (less if i only work 7 hours). i have come to the realization that in the near future i need to figure out what i am going to do about this, b/c i cannot function well at my job and it's aggravating my fibro symptoms.

i do rest when i come home, and do my pt exercises and take my meds though. i do try not to walk fast, and i don't rush to do things anymore. i used to always walk fast and found it hurt my calf and caused the symptoms to be worse. So if i walk slow and figure out the best ways to move so that i don't hurt (including using the path of the least amount of walking. i have to order each week and my book does not follow the store layout right so i skip parts and come back--i found that i am less tired the least amount of walking i do, and i finish it faster!)

That's about all i can think of right now!