Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any advice as to what to do next?

GrimerstaGGrimersta Posts: 2
edited 11/22/2014 - 1:18 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi everyone,
I am completely new and just joined this site. I have finally found a site which covers what I have! I am looking for any help or advice that anyone might have. Two months ago I injured my upper back and have been off ever since. Been to hospital several times, GP, chiropractor and now wonder what to do. Had chest x-Ray, bloods, ultrasound scan. I got admitted to hospital with severe chest pains, could not sleep properly, upset stomach, feeling sick sometimes when I eat (but not thrown up). No energy and a lot of fatigue. I tried to start back at work this week but the last two days I feel a lot worse. Got an emergency appointment at the Chrispractor today who has now writing to the doc and suggesting more x-Rays. I have decided to go and see an osteopath who has been strongly recommended to me and I am now considering getting an MRI done. I am 52, lost my wife to cancer in 2011 and I am now trying to step forward with the rest of my life but I have to confess that I am worried that I have something more serious. I have two regions in my thorastic spine that are giving me a lot of pain - one area seems to have settled down but the lower disc has kicked off very strongly over the last two days. I have never had problems with my back before but now I feel I am lost in trying to get this properly identified. I do not know if I have damaged discs yet but I need to try and get to the bottom of this! Thanks for any help or advice.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Does anyone suffer from upset stomach and fatigue. I just feel done in and no energy. Can this all radiate from the thoracic spine - I have two discs that have problems.
  • Grimersta said:
    Does anyone suffer from upset stomach and fatigue. I just feel done in and no energy. Can this all radiate from the thoracic spine - I have two discs that have problems.
    Hi Grimersta,

I am so sorry you are going through this! I understand thoracic pain. Yes, you can get upset stomach, intestional and urinary problems depending on where your inflammation is in your Thoracic spine. I know this because I did. If you have not had an MRI you should probably get one, find yourself a good spinal Dr. and a good pain management doctor. It is possible to get relief, but you need to find out what you are dealing with first.

Good luck