Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test


Jillybean079Jillybean079 Posts: 266
edited 12/02/2014 - 5:00 AM in Lower Back Pain
I am 35, and I have 2 disc herniations that have been giving me discomfort for a couple years. I had another MRI done, and now I have disc herniations in all of my lumbar regions...six total...along with stenosis from facet hypertrophy in the T12-L1 and L4-L5 regions. Oh and bone spur as well. I have been in extreme pain for a month. I see a neurosurgeon on Thursday. Im scared hes going to say fusion. Any advice? My GP gave me Norco 10's x2 a day and Tramadol x3 a day, but it isn't cutting it. I am also a waitress...and I have to work to pay my bills. Help!
Spine-Health Moderator 
Ankylosing Spondylitis
Bulging discs T12-L3
Annular Tears with Disc Extrusion L4-S1
Moderate Central Canal Stenosis
Moderate Foraminal Stenosis
Enlarged Facet Joints/Ligaments
Spinal enthesopathy
L4-L/5 PLIF with cages, rods, screws 2/15 



  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832

    Liz, Spine-health Moderator

    Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • EnglishGirlEEnglishGirl Posts: 1,825
    edited 12/02/2014 - 8:06 AM
    Hi. I have a notebook which I take to appointments. I list the questions & concerns I have & make sure I get the answers before I leave. I also take notes of what the specialist says. Just getting to appointments & waiting around makes my pain flare. They're often rushed. I hate traveling home thinking of all the things I should of asked & realizing I don't understand some of the things I was told. Ugh!

    It's sounds like the big questions for you are, "What are the dangers if I don't have surgery?", "is delaying surgery dangerous?", "Are there concervative things I haven't tried that could help?".

    It also sounds like a referral to Pain Management could also be a good idea. At least having a consult to see how they would recommend treating you. Just remember you shouldn't accept prescriptions from them AND your GP. It has to be one or the other. Some pain management docs don't prescribe narcotics. It's important to find the right PM for your needs.

    Best of luck. Let us know how it goes at your appointment. ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
Sign In or Register to comment.