Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L4 -L5 Laminectomy on 11/25/2014

whackedbackwwhackedback Posts: 42
edited 12/23/2014 - 6:17 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I went to XXXX Hospital the Tuesday before thanksgiving for a two level left side laminectomy. I went under in the prep room and woke up in the same bay. Before I could ask if I had gone to surgery, I could feel the lump in my lower back. I spent twenty hours in a hospital room before being released at noon on Wednesday. I surprised PT by getting up on my own power and climbing a test flight of stairs and coming back down on my own.

The hospital food was awesome. You call a line and place your order from at least four dozen entrees and sides. I tried to stay longer so I could get dinner that night. Arriving home on Wednesday my friend and I swung by the drive through at CVS and picked up Baclofen. Having a rental hospital bed at home was a good decision. I rented it for a month for 220.

Thanksgiving day, I got my cane and walked up two houses to a neighbors for a great meal.

Over the past week, I've been taking it easy and cleaning out my DVR of old shows. I still don't have any upward movement in my left foot, but the nerve was compressed for three months. I'm going to use a temporary orthotic to keep the foot level for as long as it takes. I get the sutures out on 12/10. I'm hoping that I might be allowed to return to my desk job. My laptop weighs six pounds and I can leave it on my desk when I take it back to work.

Here's hoping for long term nerve healing.

• I had 8 years of pain free for the same surgery and location. 6 years ago it slowly crept back until now, it is unbearable thus a fushion tomorrow @ 9:30am. Best of luck and keep up with the PT. Will definitely help a lot.