Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tight and sore and can't beat it

JkJJk Posts: 1
edited 12/04/2014 - 7:05 PM in Chronic Pain
Hi, I am going to try to stick to the facts to avoid this becoming too wordy.

I have been suffering from chronic pain for many years now.

About me:
I am not overweight
sit at a computer a lot
I eat fairly well and take joint supplements
I used to be more active (jogging) and it really eased my pain but introduced leg pain and had to stop since it just got too much.
poor posture and my left side is worse. I lean to the left.

I now have started to practice Jiu Jitzu over the last few months (2-3x per week) and it has helped but introduced new pain. I know it can take a toll on your body but I feel it helps overall with getting me active. So I am kinda stuck here.

main issues

Left upper side/middle of body is very tight.

Left arm has limited range of motion. difficulty putting my hand behind my back or butt and fully extending vertically as well as other basic movements. An noticable poor range of motion.

Radiating pain in elbow and most areas feel sore to touch if I massage it. Like sore trigger points.

Left side of kneck has a stiff lump in corner near top of shoulder it is very tight when tilting to right (away from sore side) and feels like my kneck and spine needs to really crack. When I tilt my head the middle of my spine on the left side almost feels like it twists and I have another sore stiff lump between my shoulder blade and spine that gets aggravated. I can actually feel them and it is apparent when compared to the other "good" side.

I get numb tingles in my face (sometimes other areas), it is a sudden electrical type jolt maybe 2-5 times per month.

I often have cold feet and legs are tight as well but tolerable in comparison.

I hear cracking in my shoulders if I rotate my arms and I can see a slightly visible muscle imbalance on my left side (breast area, lower ab and back). I do a lot of twisting and compensating and think this problem has been here for years but I never truly became aware since I have adapted so well.

I have been soaking in the bath, performing various shoulder stretches (primarily ones for frozen shoulder) and am going to be seeing my Dr. very soon with the hopes of getting some physio. I am also starting regular massage etc.

My right leg is ever so slightly shorter than the left and is not something I became aware of until the last few years. My hips seem to have a slight twist when in normal resting position.

Overall my left upper quarter section of my body is constantly sore, throbbing, stiff or having spasms. I feel always as if I am going to pull one of the tight muscles areas that are large and tight. I can usually catch it and back off before it seizes.

I refuse to let myself fall into a sedentary lifestyle and want to continue with the jiu Jitzu since I love it but am not sure if I am adding to the problem or working it out since it does seems worse yet strangely loosened since I have started.

I don't really expect a diagnosis from a website and know I need an x ray and mri but if there is anything you can suggest or offer insight about it would be greatly appreciated. I am at a point where I am feeling defeated.