Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone
I have been reading this website for two months now and decided to join.
Facing L4 TLIF fusion on August 4th. Also have many cysts he will remove.
My history is 03 removal of cyst in spine and spine every since. The surgeon said my facet joints are totaly gone.
Lots of pain and meds don't work anymore and worst of all, can't sleep.
The cardio won't give me clearance until a chemical stress test on July 11th.
Sorry for rambling on and on but have lots of questions and wondering if anyone else had cardio problems before surgery
Surgeon did say
'you hated me after your last surgery, but you will really hate me now',I really trust him though and wouldn't let anyone else touch me.
thank you so much and look forward to more talks.

• I like your name and Welcome to Spine Health!
    You are among friends I can tell you that. I didn't have cardio problems before surgery but I did have to an EKG prior to my surgery. Do you have a history of cardio troubles? If so I think it's good they are being very careful with yhou. That's the care you want.

Trusting your surgeon is very important and I'm so happy to hear you found one you could put your trust in. I saw 3 surgeons before I chose mine. I think the man on a personal level is about as crazy as they come but I think he's a great surgeon so I'm glad I chose him.

Again welcome! And feel free to chat with any of us, anytime. We've all either been there, had a loved one go through it or facing it soon ourselves.

• Pizza, I too had to have an EKG and an Echo. No stress test-I am sure my body would collapse- my legs are too weak.

I haven't gotten to the really fun part as my insurance denied my fusion so far.

Good luck,

• Pizza

I did not need EKG but if you have any history of anything cardiac you will need testing for cardiac clearance before surgery. This is normal for any major surgery.

It is precautionary, I am sure you will do fine!

Good luck with your surgery.
  • I had a Chemical Stress before my PCP would approve the surgery. Had a flare up first weekend of May and surgery June 9. That was the only time I had something - until AFTER surgery. I had an episode of Atril Fibrillation (sp) while I was in Rehab. Upset them more than me since I didn't know I was having it. My PCP says he thinks it was another fluke and will probably pull me off the regulation meds next month.

Hope yours goes well. Having some pain now, but don't regret the surgery.