Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Drop foot

Casey111012CCasey111012 Posts: 2
edited 12/19/2014 - 9:02 PM in New Member Introductions
I am very frustrated with all the research that I have done on drop foot, I have had it since 7-17-2011. I was in a very bad car accident,and almost lost my life, I guess you would say I am very lucky to be here, but I want to be who I was. I did very thing Do torsasked of me, plenty of pain, plenty of surgeries. I wanted a nerve transfer, but now they are saying too Late now. This upsets me and is driving me crazy, now they are suggesting tendon transfer, it will get rid of my brace, but it will never remove the nighttime fights I have with my foot, it drives me crazy. Has anyone foot drop recover? I have had Pt and more Pt I walk the beach (nota pretty site) but I give it my best, I bike ride. I just want my foot back with feelings.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I had total right foot drop with some success recovering the plantarflexion. There is still no power in dorsiflexion. I'm considered a surgical success and am now down to PT and walking with a brace. I hate the brace but I need a shoe that now fits better with it.
    Since having the cane I've met a lot of seniors and a few younguns in various mobility circumstances who offer wisdom and comraderie.
    This is all I have for you. Foot drop is ridiculous and horrible in one. There is one more person that you know of who's struggling too. I presented foot drop in hospital and it took weeks for me to have the surgery and I wonder if it would have made a difference had it been a few days and not 21. I can't go back same as you can't. By God I wish we could.
    Keep walking in the sand. Right now I have ice and snow to contend. Keep biking. Keep smiling. Keep posting and maybe somene who's had any foot drop specific surgery to correct it will post. I can't imagine having to learn how to walk a third time though. I don't have it in me.