Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What's helped you?

1028761102876 Posts: 248
edited 12/26/2014 - 5:53 AM in Pain Management
I am seeing a new pain doctor on January 2. This new pain doctor will work with y current pain doctor to try to get the best result. A little background- I had a C1-C2 fusion January 24, 2013. Occiput.-C2 fusion October 21, 2013 and a partial hardware removal and a fusion extension to the C3 on October 24, 2014. I have had severe chronic pain since surgery #1 but finally have a pain doctor who wants to help me which is half the battle! I am trying to stay away from opiates and am currently looking into injections however I wanted to see what has helped others? I recently got started on Lyrica, get acupuncture and some gentle massage and that's it. My precious pain doctor forced me off opiates otherwise that would be on the list. Opiates hae never really been my friend because I usually have severe side effects. What has helped you?

• RFA's ( radio frequency ablations), nerve ablation, all might be something to consider. Nerve related medications may be an option, but I'm sure that the new pm doctor will have suggestions of their own, based on what they feel is best for your condition at this point.
    Good luck with the new doctor.
  • I have had 3 back surgeries on my L4 & L5 since 2011 they are now fused. I have no feeling in my left leg and pain is constant. It is now starting in my right leg. My Dr said I have nerve damage that can never be fixed. I have had epidural shots with no help, take meds 4 times a day and I'm 39 with 3 young kids!! They won't to put in a stimulator but I'm scared, but I'm also to the point of hoping it will work. Any info would help