Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 years of pain due to SPD - now chronic SI pain ...any ideas anyone ?

shazvSheffieldsshazvSheffield Posts: 2
edited 12/28/2014 - 6:31 PM in New Member Introductions
Hi there. ... Please bear with me as this is my first blog!! It may get boring so I apologise in adcancer lol!! .Aged 35 years and my 2nd pregnancy in the12th week I was diagnosed with Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. I was prescribed co-codamol 30/50mg and given a support girdle. The pain increased throughout my pregnancy. I gave birth naturally to a beautiful & healthy (thank the lord) 7 lb baby boy. The midwives advised the pain would eventually disappear but it never did. ...to cut a very long story short. I've tried all the concoctions of drugs. I've had the Steroid injections for 4yeas.
.4 years of me saying I didn't really notice much pain relief and just having more injections but further up into my facet joints...also. After completing pain diaries my Consultant now admits it was the anesthetic I was getting slight relief from ! So Acupuncture was tried next. The side effects increased my pain but after the 3rd session and no relief - I am now offered nothing else.... so its a life of Bu-trans patches (which im allergic too) and Tramadol! !! The pain is now so bad that due to my sickness .(.currently been off 11 months) my Employers have given me notice :( so I'm really worried about not having a job... but I can't sit or stand for long and the side effects of the Bu-trans and Tramadol effect my concentration and I can't think properly. I don't know what to do... Im a single mom with 12 & 6 year old boys..with a mortgage & bills! I've never been unemployed and the job centre will soon start hounding me to get a job. ?!! Any help or advise would be much appreciated here
...Many thanks x
Sharon Vernon
advertisement

Comments